- Participate in a grassroots coalition working to improve student achievement in Southeast Seattle
- Strengthen the engagement and influence of communities of color in education
- Connect with other like-minded organizations and people committed to our children’s future
- Join together in advocacy for better equitable that benefits children and families
- Gain visibility for your organization and work
At present, there is no charge to join.
To join us, please complete a SESEC partnership form.
PARTNERS: 75% of SESEC partners must represent CBOs that have services in Southeast Seattle, and the majority of the clients it serves must be students/families of color. Partner organizations will send the Executive Director or a high-level representative to at least 50% of monthly membership meetings and join a committee.
ALLIES: Allies support SESEC’s mission but may not be able to meet membership requirements. Allies may be organizations or individuals. Ally organizations will attend at least 3 general meetings a year, and participate in committee meetings and activities as possible. Allies will abstain from voting in meetings.
SUPPORTERS: Supporters are organizations who support SESEC’s mission but who are unable to commit to SESEC at the Partner or Ally level.
PARTNER, ALLY and SUPPORTERS agree to:
- Support SESEC’s mission, values, principles, and strategies
- Refer other potential partner organizations as appropriate
- Allow SESEC to use the partner organization’s name in advocacy efforts and marketing and outreach material
DEFINITION OF SOUTHEAST SEATTLE: I-90 South to City of Seattle border. East of I-5 to Lake Washington.