Last Updated: 12.10.2019 – Spaces Still Available
Seeking Volunteers for
SEED is a peer-led professional development program that promotes personal, organizational, and societal change towards greater equity and diversity by creating conversational communities. Twice a month for five months, SEED participants will use personal reflection and testimony, interpersonal dialogue, and learn experientially and collectively to build personal and organizational capacity. To learn more about The National SEED ProjectSM, visit the above hyperlink.
To join, please fill out this Google Form. Priority Deadline: January 17, 2020 EOD. If you have specific questions before committing to filling out the entire form, please feel free to email [email protected].
Southeast Seattle Education Coalition (SESEC) will be hosting its second SEED group starting Feb 12, 2020-June 10, 2020. The SEED group will meet twice a month on Wednesdays from 9.30 a.m.-12 p.m.
The first meeting will tentatively be held at Rainier Avenue Church (5900 Rainier Ave S). Our subsequent meetings will be held at the SESEC office (3829B S Edmunds St) in Columbia City, but can be shifted to RAC or another space as needed.
- Wednesdays 9.30 a.m.-12 p.m. Approx. TWO times a month, every other Wednesday.
Dates: Feb 12 & 26, Mar 11 & 25, Apr 8 & 22, May 6 & 20, June 3 & 10
- Priority Deadline: January 17, 2020 EOD, Final Deadline: January 31, 2020 EOD
- Topics Covered Last Cohort: Class, Race & Ethnicity, Gender & Sexuality, Disability & Accessibility, Language Justice, Stories, Schools & Systems
- FREE – We just ask that you commit to attending at least 8 of the 10 sessions. If you’re unsure of this time commitment, contact [email protected] before automatically opting out.
- Meetings will be in SE Seattle.
- Please note our office has two flights of stairs and is not ADA accessible. If stairs are a barrier to your participation, please let us know ASAP, we seek to create an inclusive environment.
- Priority goes to SESEC partners. Mindy or Erin will contact you if you are wait-listed.
To learn more about Southeast Seattle Education Coalition:
- Join us at a monthly coalition meeting every third Thursday from 12.00-2.00 p.m. at the Rainier Avenue Church (5900 Rainier Ave S).
- Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/sesecwa.
- Sign-up for our mailing list at the bottom of this page! (Email [email protected] with any issues.)