Make an Impact on Education in Southeast Seattle
Join the coalition of more than 50 community-based organizations, schools, and parents/caregivers working together to improve education in Southeast Seattle. Membership in SESEC is free!
Benefits of SESEC Membership
By joining SESEC, you will connect with people and organizations in our community who are dedicated to improving educational opportunities for Southeast Seattle students.
- Participate in a grassroots coalition advocating for equity in education and working to improve student achievement in Southeast Seattle
- Strengthen the engagement and influence of communities of color in education
- Receive priority admission to events and programs, such as Advocacy and Policy Cohorts and Equity and Equality in Education Discussion & Speaker Series
- Gain visibility for your organization and work by showing your commitment to Southeast Seattle students.
SESEC Partner Agreement
Partners agree to:
- Support SESEC’s mission, values, principles, and strategies
- Send a representative to at least 3 general meetings a year
- Participate in committee meetings and activities as possible
- Refer other potential partner organizations as appropriate (for Partner Organizations only)
- Allow SESEC to use the organization’s name in advocacy efforts and marketing and outreach material (for Partner Organizations only)
SESEC welcomes those who are interested in a brighter future for Southeast Seattle families, students, and the schools they attend. Membership is open to:
- Individuals, schools and community organizations who are committed to improving education in Southeast Seattle
- Southeast Seattle is: I-90 South to the City of Seattle border, east of I-5 to Lake Washington.
SESEC’s membership is primarily composed of organizations whose services focus on Southeast Seattle and/or where the majority of their clients are students and families of color. Individual members primarily work, live, or have ties to SE Seattle. We recognize that economic and systemic circumstances have led individuals and organizations to leave the area, and we invite anyone interested in membership to reach out to us.