Are you looking for a meaningful way to learn about how to use data to make program decisions, understand your students better, and strengthen your programs? This data cohort program will help you understand education based data and how to use it more effectively.
Cohort members learn how to use data in advocacy and policy work, request data from Seattle Public Schools, sort and make sense of data sets, integrate data practices into your programs. At the conclusion of the cohort, members will have a deeper understanding of how to use student and education data.
• Consistent access to a functioning computer, strong enough wifi connection to hold a Zoom video call
• Must have Microsoft Excel on the computer you’ll be using — you’ll be expected to work in Excel
• A basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is helpful
• Work with Seattle Public Schools students
• Commit to all of the sessions and able to do independent work between the sessions
• No more than two people from the same organization
Session Dates – All 9.30-11.30 a.m. on Zoom:
April 29 | May 6, 13, 20, 27 | June 3, 10, 17, 24 | July 1
If you have access needs (e.g. language support, disability accommodations, stipend for child care, technology access, etc.), please let us know ASAP, we seek to create an inclusive environment.
If you have questions, please contact Erin, [email protected].
*SESEC partners (http://www.sesecwa.org/partners/) and Black, Indigenous, People of Color will receive priority. This is why we have the Race/Ethnicity question, it is optional to answer. If you are wait-listed, you will receive an email from Erin notifying you. If you believe your organization is a partner or recently signed up to be a partner, email Mindy ([email protected]).