Last Updated: 02.28.2022
Our 2022 Cohort will be a mini SEED series open to alumni to encourage cross-cohort connection. Please check back in 2023 for the next new cohort. Thank you!
Southeast Seattle Education Coalition (SESEC) will be hosting its third SEED group starting March 3.
SEED is a peer-led professional development program that promotes personal, organizational, and societal change towards greater equity and diversity by creating conversational communities. SEED participants will use personal reflection and testimony, interpersonal dialogue, and learn experientially and collectively to build personal and organizational capacity. To learn more about The National SEED ProjectSM, visit the above hyperlink.
Topics Discussed in Previous Cohorts: Class, Race & Ethnicity, Gender & Sexuality, Disability & Accessibility, Language Justice, Schools & Systems
To join, please fill out this Google Form. If you have specific questions before committing to filling out the entire form, please email [email protected].
- SESEC SEED 2021 will be held virtually via Zoom.
- The following Wednesdays from 9.30 a.m.-11.30 a.m.
Dates: March 3, 10 & 24, April 7 & 21, May 5 & 19, June 2 & 9
In-between sessions, we may ask you to do a little homework or to engage at your leisure with prompts via Jamboard for relationship building.
- EXTENDED Deadline: Feb 22
- FREE – We just ask that you commit to attending most (ideally all) sessions. If you’re unsure of this time commitment, contact [email protected] before automatically opting out.
- Priority goes to SESEC partners and BIPOC.
To learn more about Southeast Seattle Education Coalition:
- Join us at a monthly coalition meeting every third Thursday from 12.00-1.30 p.m. Sign up for our mailing list at the bottom of the page (or by emailing [email protected]) to receive registration links.
- Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/sesecwa.